Thursday, December 31, 2015

Integrity: Aligning Actions with Words - Part 1

Each of us will in time accept that change in our life is needed, simply because we're imperfect and that change is therefore necessary. Yet change is difficult to integrate even as old patterns of behaviors have a negative impact on a marriage or family. Choosing to change requires a plan of action along with commitment and determination to make it happen.

It's at this point where personal integrity becomes the aligning force between what is said and what is done. Integrity keeps you centered on the truth even if you're failing miserably. Integrity brings you back to commitment and an all-out effort to do what is right. Faith provides victory over difficult obstacles.

Listen to Job 27:4-6. "My lips will not speak evil, my tongue will not utter deceit. I will not deny my integrity. I will maintain my righteousness and never let go of it." God's word consistently reminds us that change is doable when our commitment is to Him, for He is merciful and full of compassion. God provides help for making change a reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment