Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Defeat Fear of Failure: Choose Faith - Part 2

While I was serving in the military after graduation from high school, it was customary to hear disgruntled voices complaining about duty assignments. I also was dissatisfied with my assignment. When I was stationed in Florida, I became friends with a young man who appeared too bright and intelligent for his assigned duty.

I often hear clients grieving over wasted years spent in a career for which they were unsuited. A woman related how she gave up opportunities to excel when she was in her twenties because she feared failure. What perpetuates this attitude? Could it be failure to trust the capabilities that God himself has given to you for achieving his good purpose?

It’s scary to think of being stretched to the limit of your capabilities. Failure to live up to your capabilities could be driven by fear of future failures. However, fear can be overcome by trust and faith in God's purpose for you. God's perfect love conquers fear, so depend on your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ to control fear’s power.  

No comments:

Post a Comment