Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Ready to Thrive

As a young boy I loved playing under a sycamore tree with my truck and tractor toys. My yard served as a playground with very little grass, which was the norm where I grew up. Constructing “play like” roads and bridges was my favorite amusement. I never imagined that as an adult I would help others build relationship bridges.    
Image result for children playing with toy cars and trucks Image result for children fighting over toys

In a literal sense, bridges provide a passageway from one point to another. When rain came down fast and furious creating a flood, the bridge on our country road would break loose and be washed away by the power of rushing water. Conflict and troubles have the power to break down the ties that bind people to one another.

Bridges of communication can cease to exist between people in conflict who love and care for each other. But like the bridge that washed away, bridges of communication can be restored where there is the will and desire to do so. The presence of God creates opportunities not only to survive but to thrive in the presence of troubles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment