Friday, August 10, 2018

Striking a Bargain with God

Making a complete directional change in life is not an easy task. That was the case with Jacob, the man who stole from his brother and deceived his father. Even after the Lord appeared to him in a dream and laid out in vivid language a promise of blessings, Jacob still had to make sure God understood his own terms of acceptance.

Image result for bargaining with God images free

God could have dished out severe punishment to Jacob but chose to bless him. Listen to Jacob’s response.If God will be with me and give me food to eat and clothes to wear so I can return safely to my father’s house, then the Lord will be my God and I will set a marker here to be God’s house. What he gives me I will give back a tenth.”

Image result for bargaining with God images free Image result for bargaining with God images free

Have you made similar bargains with God in moments of crises? God did not insist on conditions for the beginning of Jacob’s redemption. His desire was to give Jacob a new beginning, free of conditions and sin. God’s word: “As far as the East is from the West, I will remember your sins no more.” Christ Jesus will to do the same for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment