Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Permit Reverence to Exist within You

In 1850 the English poet Alfred Lord Tennyson wrote, "Let knowledge grow from more to more, so more of reverence in us might dwell to make music as before." If in a high-tech world we permit life to become so overwhelmingly stressful, our heart and mind will get out of sync and cannot make music together.


More importantly, if we lose an attitude of reverence for the Lord God, human life may lose its sense of value. When the mind and soul get out of step and lose their harmony in the struggle to stay afloat, peace and joy that once made music together may get lost along with your attitude of reverence.

A significant commitment you make to yourself is to maintain reverence for the Lord God. Reverence for God ensures that you use your days upon the earth wisely as God planned. An attitude of reverence nurtures both the mind and the spirit while providing energy and resourcefulness to make the best use of your gifts and talents. 

_____________ 

 Tell me where you want me to go and I will go there. May every fiber of my being unite in reverence to your name. With all my heart I will praise you. I will give glory to your name forever, for you love me so much! You are constantly so kind!

~Psalm 86:11-13 The Living Bible

_____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment