Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Keeping Your Love for God Alive

While I was visiting my cousins Frankie and Jim as a young teenager, Jim asked me what it meant to love God. That he asked me such a profound question surprised me and left me feeling inadequate to answer. I can't remember what I said, but I pray that the Holy Spirit helped Jim understand and accept God’s love.

In Mark 12:30 Jesus told a religious leader to love God with all of his heart, soul, strength, and mind. Loving God with your complete being is a lifetime developmental process, but the Holy Spirit teaches and helps us yield to that invitation.

Plato, the Greek philosopher four centuries before Christ, wrote, “We believe the soul is immortal and capable of enduring all extremes of good and evil, so we constantly pursue righteousness and wisdom.” Proverbs 22:5 adds, "In the path of the wicked are thorns and snares, but he that guards his soul stays far from them." So permit your soul to be saturated with God’s love. 


 

_____________                   

Jesus replied: If anyone loves me, they will obey me. Then my Father will love them, and we will come to them and live in them.

~John 14:23 Contemporary English Version

 

We put our hope in the Lord, he is our protector and our help. We are glad because of him; we trust in his holy name. May your constant love be with us, Lord, as we put our hope in you.

~Psalm 33:20-22 Good News Bible

______________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment