Wednesday, August 23, 2023

What Rewards Are You Seeking Now?

There’s something in human nature that loves to be rewarded for expressions of love, hard work, and good deeds done for others. The reward may be simply a sincere “thank you,” given from heartfelt gratitude. The gift of sincere appreciation covers the expenditure of effort freely given.

Long ago I was stranded when my car battery failed to start the engine. I waited patiently for someone to give it a boost, and finally someone offered that boost for a $20.00 fee, which I paid, but with mixed feelings. One was gratitude, but I also felt taken advantage of by someone out to make an easy $20.

Imagine the Good Samaritan telling the dying man by the roadside, “I’ll save your life if you pay me six months wages after you recover.” The kindness and generosity of the Good Samaritan was rewarded by knowing he had been instrumental in saving a person’s life. That’s what it means to lay up treasures in heaven where nothing can diminish it.  

____________          

He will always make you rich enough to be generous at all times, so that many will thank God for your gifts which they receive.

~2 Corinthians 9:11 Good News Bible
____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment