Monday, November 27, 2023

How Difficult Is It to Trust the Anger of Others?

Maintaining an attitude of anger over an extended timeframe can be emotionally and physically costly. In addition, an angry attitude has a negative impact on those who constantly are within range of its expression. It’s difficult to trust a person who is subject to having outbursts of hostility, either verbally or physically.

Anger is costly, for it robs both the possessor and the one to whom it’s directed of the trust and intimacy necessary for a healthy relationship. Have you noticed how even pets will react with distrust and fear at the sound of an angry voice and attitude?


It’s incredibly important to discover the root of your anger. There’s a solution for anger, and that is to turn it over to God. He will do what is good and right for you and for the one to whom your anger is directed. God’s word advises, “Do not hate. Do not seek vengeance or bear a grudge, but love others.” So turn your anger over to God right now.                      

___________

…My strength evaporated like water on a sunny day until I finally admitted all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide them. I said to myself, “I will confess them to the Lord.” And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.

~Psalm 32:4-5 The Living Bible


God, pick up the pieces. Put me back together again. You are my praise!

~Jeremiah 17:14 The Message
___________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment