Monday, June 27, 2016

Never Give Up! God Will Send Help - Part 1

Jesus' parable in Luke 18 illustrates two critical components of resilience. One is persistence, which is required for getting legitimate personal needs met with satisfaction. The other demonstrates the limitations of resilience by refusing to do the right thing. Godly stubbornness or steadfastness always seeks justice and goodness.

Listen as Jesus teaches about praying constantly and with determination. "There was a judge who never gave God a thought and cared less for people. However a widow kept after him seeking justice: 'My rights are being violated. Protect me'. After this went on and on, he said to himself, 'I care nothing about what God or people think, but this woman won't quit badgering me. I'll  see that she gets justice - otherwise I'm going to be beaten black and blue by her pounding.'"

Isn't that a wonderful story? The point is, God rewards persistent faith. He shows respect for resilience, which is a quality of character that will not give up or give in to rejection, no matter what its source.

No comments:

Post a Comment