Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Rich Rewards from the Golden Rule - Part 2

Every major religion has some form of the Golden Rule. Islam states: "No one of you is a believer until he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself." Jesus commanded that we love our enemies and do good unto those who unjustly treat us. To do so is to put aside hate, anger, and fault-finding.

Robert Southey explains how he managed to develop values and comfort that have sustained him throughout his life. "In my youth I remembered my God, and now He has not forgotten me in my old age." When godly values are wrecked by the pursuit of a career, material goods, or anything imaginable, the Golden Rule must be reinstated in your life.

What's at issue is simply caring for others. Hudson Taylor provides this witness. "I used to ask God to help me. Then I asked that I might help him. I ended up by asking him to do his work through me." This attitude gave him a new direction and purpose.  

No comments:

Post a Comment