Wednesday, May 2, 2018

The Holy Chain-Breaker

When I was in high school, smoking cigarettes was a habit so many male students enjoyed. This habit was also becoming trendy for young women. I became convicted about this habit when I was asked to teach a Sunday School class for young boys at the Baptist church I attended during my military service.

Image result for teenagers smoking free images  

It became clear to me that cigarette addiction was incompatible with being a role model for young students and with my commitment to Jesus Christ. God’s consistent nudging enabled me to stay faithful to my choice, which also served as a bridge to a clear conscience. Deliverance from any addiction gives witness to the power of Christ to break a strong bondage.

Image result for breaking chains free images

Is a bondage like anger or lingering grief holding you hostage? Self-pity is a deterrent to experiencing hope for a bright future. The Holy Spirit will help you hope for what you have not yet achieved and at the same time give you courage that serves as a bridge for reaching what you will achieve by the power of Christ in you

No comments:

Post a Comment