Monday, November 5, 2018

I Demand to Win!

Jealousy's demands are powerful enough to be destructive. The news media features distraught individuals who in a state of rage kill someone because they want what they cannot have. Objectivity is lost when the jealous person believes the heart, soul, mind and body of another person belong to them. 

Image result for jealousy images free

          Jealousy demands satisfaction no matter how absurd the demand may be. The goal is to win by causing hurt and pain to others. Rachel was barren but determined to have children by whatever means possible. She felt overshadowed by her sister Leah, so she gave Bilhah her maid-servant to Jacob to have children in her place.

Related image

          When Bilhah gave birth to two baby boys, Rachel clearly identified her jealousy. Listen as she justifies her actions and feelings: "God has vindicated me. He has listened to my plea. I had a great struggle with my sister and I have won.” Jealousy does not care about other people’s rights, making it contrary to God's plan and purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment