Friday, December 7, 2018

From the Known to the Unknown

Moving from the known to the unknown takes determination and courage. God asked Abraham to leave all that was familiar and go to a place He would reveal to him as he was on his way. What would you think and feel if God were to ask you to embark on such an outrageous journey at this time in your life?

Image result for being blessed by God images free 

Rare is the person who wants to stay home indefinitely. As a late adolescent, I had it in my heart to get as far away as possible from the small farming community where I grew up. I did not hate my family or community; I just needed to leave. My parents thought this was the worst decision I could possibly make, but it helped me mature and discover God’s purpose for me.

Jacob could have lived out his life in Haran with his father-in-law, but God's plan meant moving from the known to the unknown. God calls us to make this step for a significant purpose. The challenges are great and demand faith; yet God, without exception, equips us with hope and faith for making the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment