Monday, December 2, 2019

Released to Live and to Love

Forgiveness builds a bridge to a healthier life by providing a release from bitterness and sin that have created hardships for the body, mind and spirit. Failure to forgive, or be forgiving, is connected to an attitude of anger and bitterness that is so powerful it affects the body’s ability to fight illness.

Image result for healed forgiven and free images free

Jesus healed a paralyzed man in the Gospel of Mark by telling him his sins were forgiven. Jesus knew that guilt and shame are like a prison, so forgiveness gave the paralyzed man freedom to begin a new phase of life with a new purpose.

As the man walked away forgiven and healed, perhaps he could say with Saint Francis of Assisi, "Lord make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me love. Where there is injury, help me pardon; where there is doubt, increase my faith; where there is despair, grant me hope; where there is darkness, let me be a light; where there is sadness, let me express joy." If you are seeking forgiveness, let this be your prayer. God bless you today.  
_____________________

In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength,
But you would have none of it…
Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!
~Isaiah 30:15, 18 New International Version

Lord, you alone can heal me, you alone can save, and my praises are for you alone.
~Jeremiah 17:14 The Living Bible


No comments:

Post a Comment