Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Don't Lust for Other People's Stuff

Internal conflict is set in motion when something you want is in opposition to peace and a clear conscience. Regulating impulses that direct you toward a particular action is determined by the Spirit of Truth that produces self-control. Preoccupation with a desired object can undermine your ability to self-regulate.

You crave to lose your peace - Sashank Purighalla

As an employee, I agree to be responsible for doing my best work with a good attitude. If I lust after another employee's position, my best work is in danger of being compromised. The more intense the preoccupation with lust, the less effective I am at self-regulating thoughts and actions that are hurtful to others and myself.

God gave Moses the Ten Commandments, and the tenth explicitly states, "Do not covet." To stop this impulse, remember God’s provision for you, and then continuously express thanksgiving for his goodness. God knows your need and will graciously provide for you as you seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness.  
_______________________

This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength. But you would have none of it.
So the Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help. 
~Isaiah 30:15,18 New Living Translation


No comments:

Post a Comment