Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Bad Choices and God's Redeeming Love

Periodically, our contentment is interrupted by unforeseen events that disrupt our peace of mind. Bad choices create unhappiness, so no one gets to pass through life free of hardships. For generations the Hebrew people living in Egypt had enjoyed prosperity, but then politics and power ended their peace and security.

Hardships can be invited into your life through self-imposed habits and a reckless lifestyle. Moses became a fugitive after killing an Egyptian and exiling himself in the desert of Median. His desert confinement severely limited the gifts and talents he had developed as a royal prince in the palace of the Pharaoh.


God decided that Moses had matured after his forty-year exile. He could now begin the work God planned for him. Moses would have concurred with the psalmist, "With love you embrace me, with honor you ennoble me, and with power you uphold me." These words are for you as you open your heart to God’s redeeming love.  

_______________ 

But even so, you love me! You are holding my right hand! You will keep on guiding me all my life with your wisdom and counsel; and afterwards receive me into the glories of heaven! Whom have I in heaven but you? And I desire no one on earth as much as you!

~Psalm 73:23-25 The Living Bible
_______________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment