Wednesday, September 22, 2021

God Will Redeem in Stages

Thinking about making a new beginning can be fun, especially when the future looks encouraging. An exception was God’s conversation with Moses to convince him to spearhead the rescue of the Hebrew people from Egypt. Moses initially rejected the proposal, but then agreed to do it after being convinced God's intervention would ensure success.

Moses' intuition was correct. When he demanded Pharaoh let the people go, he was met with defiance. Pharaoh hardened his heart and made the Hebrew people’s suffering more severe. This angered Moses and he complained to God, "Why have you brought more suffering on your people? You have not rescued them as you promised."

All people will experience situations where they question God's judgment, but his purpose is to reveal himself in convincing ways. A person may withhold full commitment to him, so God has to redeem the person in stages. Christ Jesus waits for you to submit yourself to him completely. If you haven't done this, why not do it now?

_______________ 

By your words I can see where I’m going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path. I’ve committed myself and I’ll never turn back from living by your righteous order. Everything’s falling apart on me, God; put me together again with your Word.

~Psalm 119:105-107 The Message 
_______________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment