Monday, January 24, 2022

When Hope Is Lost

Finding hope after it has been beaten down is possible. Loss of hope can be caused by divorce, death of a loved one, loss of a career, or any significant rejection. When one loss follows another, accumulative grief can be overwhelming. If discouragement gains a foothold, it can build a bridge to desperation.

Terrible things happen to good people because evil confronts everyone. However, reckless behavior and bad choices also contribute to the loss of hope. Whatever the reasons, one way to manage the problem is to ask Christ Jesus to help you accept what has been so difficult for you in the past.


There are moments in life when you’re vulnerable enough to accept needed change. David penned this prayer in a similar moment: "Rescue me from this mire; do not let me sink. Do not let the pit close in on me. Come near and redeem me." Do not let go of your faith in God for he is your true source for hope. So give thanks and praise to him for the hope you have.  

_____________ 

O Lord, all peace and all prosperity have long since gone, for you have taken them away. I have forgotten what enjoyment is. All hope is gone; my strength has turned to water, for the Lord has left me. Oh, remember the bitterness and suffering you have dealt me! For I can never forget these awful years; always my soul will live in utter shame. Yet, there is one ray of hope; his compassion never ends. It is only the Lord’s mercies that have kept us from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his lovingkindness begins afresh each day.  

~Lamentations 3:17-23 The Living Bible

______________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment