Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Convictions Determine How We Live

Conviction is the litmus test of a belief system, for it represents strength of character that is expressed in actions. Every Christian faces a challenge: If you want to convince others of the value of Christianity, then live it with conviction. This is what Jesus meant when he challenged us to love God with all our strength.

Strength incorporates every aspect of our being, including our  determination and convictions. Physical strength diminishes as the body grows weary, but strong convictions and determination can endure every ordeal. Convictions appraise character strengths that determine how we will live our lives.


Washington Irving noted that conviction and determination prompt a person to stand firm when facing trouble. Listen to the Apostle Paul: “God has appointed me an apostle and teacher to proclaim the good news and for this reason I suffer many things. But I know whom I have trusted and am convinced he will guard my commitment.” That is faith in Christ Jesus.  

____________                   

I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me.

~Philippians 4:13 Good News Bible

____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment