Friday, May 13, 2022

Determine to Win the Prize

Athletes come from all over the world to compete for gold medals in the Olympic Games. They come with determination and conviction to honor the games and their country. The pain and suffering caused by long, endless practice are put aside when it's time to stand on the podium to be honored as world class champions.


Comprehending what it means to love God with all your strength is comparable to what it takes to be an Olympic champion. To love God with all you are physically capable of being, coupled with strong convictions and determination, forms the standard to which Jesus holds us. Thus we avoid falling into mediocrity.

Hear the Apostle Paul’s words of encouragement: "Surely you know that many runners take part in a race but only one wins the prize. Run then in a way to win the prize.” Every athlete submits to strict discipline in order to win the prize. God instills in you the desire to love him with all your strength.                             

____________                   

...I’m singing my heart out to God – what a victory! ...God is my strength, God is my song, and, yes! God is my salvation. This is the kind of God I have and I’m telling the world! This is the God of my father – I’m spreading the news far and wide!

~Exodus 15:1-2 The Message

____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment