Wednesday, March 1, 2023

How to Heal from Deep Unhappiness

You don't have to live for an extended period of time before coming up against the cutting edge of unhappiness. Cutting-edge unhappiness pierces deep into your feelings. While unhappiness is not fatal, it may feel like you will never recover from the heartache caused by an important failure or loss.

When unhappiness strikes, the first reaction may be to believe the suffering that pierced your heart and soul will never end. In the darkness of unhappiness, pain can be so intense it’s often impossible to see your complicity in causing your suffering. The most appropriate action to take is to accept responsibility for what you know is yours to claim.


Eventually, healing from unhappiness is possible as you permit Jesus to administer the medicine of forgiveness into your heart and soul. Happy and blessed are you, who realize your helplessness and put your trust completely in Christ Jesus. He is capable of healing you and giving you joy for living.                             

____________ 

O send out your light and your truth, let them lead me; Let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling places. Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my exceeding joy. ...Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why are you restless and disturbed within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for him, for I shall again praise him, [who is] the help of my sad countenance and is my God.  

~Psalm 43:3-5 Amplified Bible

_____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment