Monday, February 27, 2023

Happiness Vs. Unhappiness

Unhappiness should be considered temporary rather than constant. There are situations when unhappiness is appropriate. Grief caused by the passing of a loved one, a divorce, or an extended illness creates periods of sadness. The degree of unhappiness should subside with the passing of time and healing.

When sadness or grief lingers indefinitely, an emotional or physical abnormality is preventing healing from taking place. Believing unhappiness is one's lot in life should be discarded and replaced by trusting God for the initiative to search for happiness produced by healthy relationships and meaningful life experiences.


Happiness is acquired by trusting that God designed you for a purposeful life. Listen to this challenge from Jesus in Matthew 5:3: "Happy are those who know they need God, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to them." They are dependent on God to be the source for happiness and joy. You can trust Jesus to be your guide for every event life presents.  

____________ 

I would have died unless the Lord had helped me. I screamed, “I’m slipping, Lord!” and he was kind and saved me. Lord, when doubts fill my mind, when my heart is in turmoil, quiet me and give me renewed hope and cheer.

~Psalm 94:17-19 The Living Bible

_____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment