Monday, February 6, 2023

How Does God Nurture Us?

Not long ago I misplaced an important book and began searching for it in every nook and cranny. Jesus told of a shepherd who went in search of a lost sheep although he had ninety-nine others who were safe. Consider how we permit temptation to pull us away from the safety and protection of Jesus, the Good Shepherd.


As society advances, stress and worry tend to diminish our readiness to enjoy life. Consequently, time to be nurtured by God evaporates. So how does God nurture us? As we choose to relax and be still, it’s possible to sense his protection, provision, and love. He nurtures us with his comfort and healing presence.

God nurtures us by giving us hope for the present and the future and by giving us strength to resist temptation’s advances. If you are out of touch with God, you can return now by asking him to take you back. Jesus, the Good Shepherd, is searching for you, so open the door to your heart and let him in.                        

___________ 

“I, the Sovereign Lord, tell you that I myself will look for my sheep and take care of them…I will give them a king like my servant David, [Jesus,] to be their one shepherd, and he will take are of them. I, the Lord, will be their God, and a king like my servant David, [Jesus,] will be their ruler. I have spoken.”

~Ezekiel 34:11,23-24 Good News Bible

 

Jesus said:…I am the Good Shepherd. I know my sheep and they know me…I give up my life for my sheep.

~John 10:14-15 Contemporary English Version

___________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment