Monday, February 20, 2023

Forbid Unhappiness to Be Permanent

Success by itself cannot create a permanent state of happiness or contentment. Thomas Carlyle, the Scottish philosopher, noted, "Man's unhappiness is related to his potential because he possesses a God-consciousness but may deny his existence or, through sheer willpower, determine to live without him."

Thomas Carlyle expressed one of life’s most persistent temptations. Pushing God out of your consciousness does not diminish his power or presence. It’s possible for unhappiness to become so persistent that it becomes accepted as normal. Instead, realize that difficult times do not mean you have lapsed into perpetual unhappiness.

You can discover joy when the trials of life have pushed you to the breaking point. How is this possible? Realize that God is present wherever you are. Consistently share with God what is happening to you. Joy is possible in all circumstances when you realize God's unfailing love will provide solutions. Pray for patience.                     

____________ 

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord.

~Psalm 40:1-3 New Living Translation
_____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment