Monday, December 25, 2023

Can the Christ of Christmas Be Your Best Gift?

How exciting! This is Christmas Day. What is the most significant gift you have received on this special day? As a young man I had just finished boot camp and was heading home for Christmas. After the holidays I would be on my way to serve my country, but then it was a special gift to see my family and visit with friends.

Today I am thankful for the gifts I receive that cannot be purchased, like the love of Christ Jesus, the love of my wife, my children, and grandchildren. I am blessed to belong to a wonderful church where I am a part of the family of God. Today I have the privilege of serving God in ways I could never have imagined. So Merry Christmas and God bless you.


_____________

An angel of the Lord appeared to [shepherds], and the glory of the Lord shone over them. They were terribly afraid, but the angel said to them, “Don’t be afraid! I am here with good news for you, which will bring great joy to all the people. This day in David’s town your Savior was born – Christ the Lord! …Suddenly a great army of heaven’s angels appeared with the angel, singing praises to God: “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and peace on earth to those with whom he is pleased.”

~Luke 2:9-11,13-14 Good News Bible 

 

…God said, “Light up the darkness!” and our lives filled up with light as we saw and understood God in the face of Christ, all bright and beautiful.

~2 Corinthians 4:6 The Message

___________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week. 

________________________________

From Thursday, December 21 through Christmas Day, blogs have been posted each day to coincide with KHCB radio's special music and short devotional programming, "Five Days of Christmas". 

No comments:

Post a Comment