Monday, February 13, 2017

Establishing Your Values? Choose Wisely - Part 1

When I was a fourth grader, life on the farm presented significant problems. My mother had been sick with high blood pressure. Abundant rain ruined my father’s crops. I was thrown from a horse and broke my arm. My uncle who witnessed this event, took me to Dr. Collins, the only doctor in the community, who set my arm.

Discouragement will come to visit everyone. If permitted, discouragement can strengthen personal values by clarifying what’s important. Values reflect our personal identity and help us to stand firm when confronted with hardships. Discouragement can cause others to lose sight of what’s ultimately important and produce regrettable choices.

Discouragement for my dad resulted in a change that he believed would be good for the family. Galatians 6:9 offers encouragement. "And let us not get tired of doing what is right, for after a while we will reap a harvest of blessing if we do not get discouraged and give up." The issue is to trust God to meet your needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment