Wednesday, February 22, 2017

The Foundation for our Values: Jesus' Commands - Part 2

As the American political process transitions from a presidential campaign to developing a system of government based on different values, our country continues to change and endure. The basic primary focus will hopefully be directed toward the spiritual and physical health of each individual, which consequentially creates the potential for a strong family.

During my adolescent years, my dad worked two jobs, so I rarely talked to him. Sometimes I questioned what was driving him to work so hard. Although my dad wasn’t a great conversationalist, his values were what positively defined him as a person. Everyone knew he was honest and truthful, and thus trustworthy.

Values enlightened by the Holy Spirit become the guiding force for a productive, healthy life. God enables us to live within the boundaries of his love, which become the foundation for the values we live by.  Jesus said "If you love me, keep my commandments, for my commands are not grievous if you love me."  Can you see how Jesus’ commands are foundational to your values?  

________________________________

You are invited to listen as I will be the guest on "Vital Issues in the Christian Home" tomorrow morning (Thursday, February 23) from 10:30-11:30 Central Standard Time on KHCB radio at 105.7 FM in the Houston area. To stream it live or for a listing of sister stations in TX, OK, LA, and FL, you may click on the KHCB link in the "About Me" section of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment