Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Focus on Your Values - Part 2

When I consider the small farming community where I lived as a child and compare it to my life now, it's pretty awesome to live in one of the largest cities in the U.S. Most of the people from that little community were good Christian people. Although it was a safe place to grow up, accidents happened. A close neighbor was killed when his tractor ran over him.

Things were not perfect. There were bullies in the school like in today's big city schools. Alcoholism was a problem in my parents' families. Three important entities that promoted spiritual and moral values were my home, a good school, and a little Baptist church. These have provided safeguards and guidelines for my entire life.

Values may become muddled when weaknesses are allowed to overpower our character strengths. It's tempting to become discouraged by weaknesses that tend to rise up and dominate. Romans 8:26 offers these words of reassurance. "The Holy Spirit helps us in our weaknesses." Right now ask Christ Jesus to help you realize how he’s at work to accomplish this goal within you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment