Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Stay the Course with Steady Steps

Troubles can be aggravating and discouraging. There are times when it seems the only solution is to run away. Everyone has done that, if only by pretending trouble does not exist even when it faces them head on. Focusing on trouble with an unhealthy attitude can create unexpected problems. 

Related image 

          Getting rid of Joseph by selling him as a slave appeared to be the best solution for his brothers. They would be free of the recipient of their hatred, yet not be free from the lies they had to tell their father. They set a trap for themselves because Proverbs 11:17 warns that whoever pursues evil finds death.

          God has a better technique for managing troubles of any magnitude. Listen to Psalm 119: "Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping the course you set for me; then I'll never regret comparing my life with your guidance. I thank you for speaking from your heart to mine because I desire to learn your righteous ways. I'm going to do what you tell me, O Lord."  Will you do that?
________________

Since we have such a huge crowd of people of faith watching us from the grandstands, let us strip off anything that slows us down or holds us back, and especially those sins that wrap themselves so tightly around our feet and trip us up, and let us run with patience the particular race that God has set before us.
~HEBREWS 12:1 The Living Bible


Of course, my friends, I really do not think that I have already won it; the one thing I do, however, is to forget what is behind me and do my best to reach what is ahead. So I run straight toward the goal in order to win the prize, which is God’s call through Christ Jesus to the life above.
~PHILIPPIANS 3:13-14 Good News Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment