Monday, May 13, 2019

When Life Unravels Overnight...

When tragedy invades our lives, our initial response may be disbelief. Our whole being may experience an unraveling of the thread that holds our life together. Feelings of fear can crush feelings of hope for the future.   

Related image

          When hate prompted Joseph's brothers to sell him as a slave, his world changed overnight. He had never been away from the safety and predictability of his home. Now feelings of fear and abandonment saturated his life.

          Grief was designed by God to help us cope with tragedy and great loss. Each stage of grief helps us cope until we can face the ultimate significance of change and sorrow. Complete healing may seem out of sight. Even so, you can ask God for help found in Psalm 119. "Bless me with life, O God, so that I can continue to obey you. Speak to my heart that I will know you are present with me at this moment. I am but a pilgrim here on earth and I need you to guide my life." Let this be your prayer right now.  
________________________

The thought of my pain, my homelessness is bitter poison. I think of it constantly and my spirit is depressed. Yet hope returns when I remember this one thing. The Lord’s unfailing love and mercy still continue. Fresh as the morning, as sure as the sunrise. The Lord is all I have, and so in him I put my hope.
~LAMENTATIONS 3:19-24 Good News Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment