Friday, October 8, 2021

Believe God's Promises – Move Forward

While I was serving in the military just after high school, I realized I needed a college education. I was ready to make this new beginning but discovered there were complications that had to be confronted. When the Israelites were confronted with what seemed impossible to overcome, fear overtook them.

In that critical moment God said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Command these people to start moving.” Before God performed what was an astounding miracle, the Israelites had to start moving toward what seemed like an immoveable barrier, but only then was God willing to intervene and save them.


Moses believed God's promise and set an example of faith for the fearful Hebrews. Moses was fearful, but he went forward and did as God instructed even though the obstacles seemed impossible. If it's time for you to move forward, God will empower you to move toward your objective. “For God has not given you a spirit of fear, but of love, power and self-control.”

______________ 

But the Lord says, “Do not cling to events of the past or dwell on what happened long ago. Watch for the new thing I am going to do. It is happening already – you can see it now! I will make a road through the wilderness and give you streams of water there.”

~Isaiah 43:18-19 Good News Bible

 

So I do concentrate on this: I forget all that lies behind me and with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead, I go straight for the goal – my reward the honor of my high calling by God in Christ Jesus.

~Philippians 3:13-14 Phillips – New Testament in Modern English

______________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment