Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Misjudging God

 When the Israelites left Egypt for the Promised Land, they willingly gave up slavery for freedom. However, they failed to realize how difficult and demanding freedom would be. They misjudged what was required to live by faith in the God who had demonstrated his awesome power against the Egyptians.

They also misjudged God’s tolerance for their disobedience and their bent toward worshiping idols like the golden calf they had constructed while Moses was receiving the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai. Each of us is capable of constructing a golden calf in one form or another, like beauty, clothes, a house, or an automobile.


Misjudgments will happen, but as you recognize your lapse in judgment, there is hope for new beginnings. Most misjudgments cannot be retracted, yet God gives you courage to face the consequences and provides opportunities for wiser choices. As you realize the extent of God’s grace, you should feel encouraged to love him with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. 

_____________

[O Lord,] when my thoughts were bitter and my feelings were hurt, I was as stupid as an animal; I did not understand you. Yet, I always stay close to you, and you hold me aby the hand. You guide me with your instruction and at the end you will receive me with honor.

~Psalm 73:21-24 Good News Bible
______________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment