Friday, October 15, 2021

Trading Old Habits for God's New Way of Life

For some new believers in Jesus Christ, old habits from a previous lifestyle can remain appealing. What is not often understood is that new habits such as reading the Bible, worshiping God, and making new friends must be formed and nurtured daily.


The Israelites refused to believe that God was aware of their troubles as they made their way to the Promised Land. They began to regress to behaviors they had learned from the Egyptians. This regression proved to be painful with severe consequences.

It's impossible to escape the stress and strife that visit each person’s life. However, Christians can face problems with confidence because God never abandons his people regardless of the way stress is defined or of its source. Jesus gives us this invitation: "Come unto me all of you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me and you will find rest for your soul."  Never give up when troubles abound, for God loves you and will send help.  

____________ 

I waited patiently for God to help me; then he listened and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out from the bog and the mire, and set my feet on a hard, firm path and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, of praises to our God. Now many will hear of the glorious things he did for me, and stand in awe before the Lord, and put their trust in him.

~Psalm 40:1-3 The Living Bible

_____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment