Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Healing – A Multifaceted Process

Healing is an ongoing process for so many physical and emotional issues. Recovery may never be 100% regardless of treatments and medications. As a teenager, I liked to ride horses. On one occasion my horse got spooked and threw me over a fence, which resulted in my arm being broken.

I’m thankful I have full use of my arm, although complications from  that fracture still persist. I realize that healing can be a multifaceted process that may take place in stages.


Humanity is subject not only to diseases and emotional wounds, but to moral sickness. When the principles of righteous, godly living are pushed aside and self-centered ambitions become dominant, love and concern for others tend to fade. Jesus came into the world to heal moral sickness, which is called sin, because sin is a powerful, alienating force. Jehovah-Rapha means “the Lord who heals” and he, the Lord God, is available to heal and restore you.                       

____________ 

Some of you had foolishly committed a lot of sins and were in terrible pain…You were in serious trouble, but you prayed to the Lord, and he rescued you. By the power of his own word he healed you and saved you from your own destruction.

~Psalm 107:17,19-20 Contemporary English Version  

 

I said, “I have sinned against you, Lord; be merciful to me and heal me.”

~Psalm 41:4 Good News Bible

_____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment