Monday, July 25, 2022

Staying Healthy

There are many issues associated with the causes of illnesses and the ways each person contributes to their illnesses and healing. In Leviticus God teaches his people how to worship him and instructs them on ways to stay healthy in body and spirit. Earlier in Exodus 23 he assured them he is Jehovah-Rapha, "the Lord who heals".


In every generation new diseases are identified, and researchers frantically make every effort to discover treatments to restore health. The Greek physician Hippocrates observed, "Healing is a matter of time, but also a matter of opportunity."

My father trusted only the doctor who had treated him for 30 years. His doctor begged him to stop smoking, but to no avail. My dad died of emphysema. Good health depends on making intelligent decisions, sound judgments, and healthy habits. God’s name Jehovah-Rapha, "the Lord who heals", does his part to help us recover when we do get sick, if we follow good health care procedures.                            

___________ 

The Lord will help them when they are sick and will restore them to health.

~Psalm 41:3 Good News Bible

 

O Lord, by these things [people] live, and in all these is the life of my spirit; restore me to health and let me live! Indeed, it was for my own well-being that I had such bitterness; but you have loved back my life from the pit of nothingness (destruction), for you have cast all my sins behind your back.

~Isaiah 38:16-17 Amplified Bible
___________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment