Monday, August 15, 2022

Confluence: Flowing Together with God

There has always been an active interest in how God chooses to reveal himself to his people. A name for God is Jehovah-Shammah, meaning “the Lord is present”. The Apostle Paul quotes God as declaring, “I will dwell in them and walk with them; I will be their God and they shall be my people."

God is there with you now regardless of your surroundings. This can produce uncomfortable feelings if your behavior is out of compliance with his purpose for you. It’s important to realize that God is wherever you choose to be, longing to direct you to himself.


In everything that surrounds us there is confluence, a coming together or merging of all life toward God and in God. Everywhere I look, in every sound, God can be seen and heard when I take time to look and listen for him. As I look and listen, I’m surprised by what I see and hear. God reaches out to everyone everywhere constantly.                     

___________ 

Is there any place I can go to avoid your Spirit? To be out of your sight? If I climb to the sky, you’re there! If I go underground, you’re there! If I flew on morning’s wings to the far western horizon, you’d find me in a minute – you’re already there waiting! Then I said to myself, “Oh, he even sees me in the dark! At night I’m immersed in the light!” It’s a fact: darkness isn’t dark to you; night and day, darkness and light, they’re all the same to you!

~Psalm 139:7-12 The Message
____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment