Monday, August 1, 2022

Necessary for Happiness

How hard are you working for what you believe is essential for your happiness? In a nation of abundance how difficult is it to "Count your blessings, name them one by one; and it will surprise you what the Lord has done. Count your blessings, name them one by one; count your many blessings, see what God has done”?

A wise person concluded, "He who is not thankful for what he has, will not be happy with what else he acquires." Hezekiah the king of Judah became sick and believed death was imminent. God graciously gave him fifteen more years to live. Interestingly, Hezekiah was too proud to express gratitude to God for healing him.

Before we rail to heavily on Hezekiah, we would do well to be reminded to demonstrate thanksgiving for the blessings we've enjoyed from God. In our hurried lives, it's difficult to remember God, Jehovah-Jireh, “the Lord who provides all good things”. Why not stop for a moment and express your sincere thanks and gratitude to God?  


___________ 

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.

~Psalm 9:1 English Standard Version

 

I praise you, Lord, for answering my prayers. You are my strong shield, and I trust you completely. You have helped me, and I will celebrate and thank you in song.

~Psalm 28:6-7 Contemporary English Version
____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment