Friday, August 19, 2022

Managing Resistance from Within and Without

In sporting events, teams have symbols that portray the spirit and identity of the players. Some schools honor the American flag as students recite the Pledge of Allegiance. Following 9-11 our flag symbolized the unity of Americans as it flew over the chaos and rubble of what had been the twin towers of the World Trade Center.


When the Hebrew people were on their way to the Promised Land, they encountered resistance from both within and without. During one battle, as long as Moses held his hands up toward God the Israelites were successful. After defeating this enemy, Moses built an altar and named it Jehovah-Nissi, meaning “the Lord is my banner”.

Each person encounters struggles that must be confronted. Each person’s faith represents the one to whom their allegiance belongs. Jehovah-Nissi, “the Lord is my banner,” can be your choice. It means the Lord God will constantly guard, protect, and strengthen those who love him and are committed to him.                           

___________ 

How I love you, Lord! You are my defender. The Lord is my protector; he is my strong fortress. My God is my protection, and with him I am safe. He protects me like a shield; he defends me and keeps me safe.

~Psalm 18:1-2 Good News Bible 
____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment