Wednesday, April 12, 2023

What Does Your Mood Reveal?

 In most cases your mood is obvious to others, but what creates a mood can be difficult to explain. A depressed or angry mood can arise from a multiplicity of factors, ranging from feeling threatened to feelings of grief. Your tone of voice indicates if you’re having fun or whether you need either closeness or distance.

A person’s mood actually has an effect on the ability to worship, to pray, or on what you gained from reading God’s word. Your mood affects your state of mind and your conduct. It also indicates if you have an optimistic or pessimistic predisposition, a positive or negative outlook on life.

Faith in Jesus Christ gives you hope for today and for all eternity. Listen to Paul’s confidence: “I know whom I have believed. I’m certain he will guard what I have entrusted to him.” He further advocates, “For me to live is Christ but to die, … well, that’s better yet." In spite of all the troubles Paul experienced, his optimistic attitude is obvious. 

 ___________

I would have despaired had I not believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for and confidently expect the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for and confidently expect the Lord.  

~Psalm 27:13-14 Amplified Bible
____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment