Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Act with Confidence and an Active Conscience - Part 2

Webster defines confidence as faith to act in an effective, proper way. Judith Hardwick in The Plateauing Trap states, “Real confidence comes from knowing and accepting yourself, your strengths and limitations rather than depending on affirmation from others.” So, confidence depends on an effective, healthy conscience.

Confidence also depends on knowing what is trustworthy. Psalm 116:7 states assuredly, “Be confident, my heart, for the Lord has been good to me.” Experience gave the Psalmist assurance God could be trusted with whatever he had to face. God can be trusted to warn us of attempts to deviate from what is trustworthy.

God’s word makes us aware of appropriate boundaries to center our lives around. Micah 7:7 provides encouragement: “I watch in hope for the Lord. I wait confidently for God my Savior to hear and save me.” So, give thanks to the Lord for he is good. His love endures forever. Our conscience gives witness to these facts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment