Monday, August 21, 2017

Conscience, Courage and Confidence - Part 1

Without exception, it takes unusual courage to give God permission to direct your life. God told Noah to build the ark, gather animals and wait for earth to be flooded. Moses left his family and safety to confront the most powerful man on earth and demand that he free the Hebrew people.

Courage connected to a healthy conscience, coupled with confidence that God directs your life, generates assurance that any task can be accomplished. A clear conscience produces courage to tackle with confidence whatever you believe to be God’s will for you.

Listen to this request to God found in an eleventh century hymnal:  
God be in my head, and my understanding;
God be in my eyes, and my looking;
God be in my mouth, and my speaking;
God be in my heart, and my thinking;
God be at my end, and my departing.
With God occupying these areas of your life, you are assured of a clear conscience and success in what you choose to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment