Friday, August 25, 2017

Conscience, Courage and Confidence - Part 3

As a late adolescent, one of the most amazing concepts I encountered was that as a person, as a Christian, I had the privilege of choosing what to do with my life. True to form, as with most adolescents, as I matured so did my thinking patterns.

Deuteronomy 30:19 encourages you to “choose life so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, and listen to his voice while holding fast to him all your days.” Is the failure to choose God, in effect, choosing to die? To choose life is to choose Christ Jesus, for he said, “I am the way, the truth and the life.”

The choice is critical, and the option is life and the blessings from obeying God. Choosing Jesus and his word is choosing life filled with meaning and purpose. No matter what circumstances you’re facing, choosing to trust Jesus is choosing life filled with hope, adventure and security. May God be with you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment