Wednesday, February 9, 2022

A Song in the Darkest Night

Goodness, kindness, and joy are close companions, and to possess these attributes gives evidence that hope for the future resides within the heart and soul of the possessor. We live in a time of uncertainty, so the natural response is to become self-protective coupled with anxiety, which is often expressed as anger.

This was Job's reaction when his world collapsed, causing incredible grief. His friends encouraged him to focus on the Lord God "who gives a song in the darkest night." Job’s friends were not discounting his sorrow but reminding him there is joy in knowing God cares, which provides hope for a brighter day.


When God's goodness and faithfulness reside in you, worry and fear are reduced because God is in charge of what you cannot control. Listen to God’s reassuring words. “For I have not given you’re a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind.” It’s possible to have hope for the future when the presence of God resides in you.  

____________ 

May the Lord show his constant love during the day, so that I may have a song at night, a prayer to the God of my life. Why am I so sad? Why am I so troubled? I will put my hope in God, and once again I will praise him, my Savior and my God.  

~Psalm 42: 8,11 Good News Bible

____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment