Monday, February 7, 2022

Hope in Christ – A Hiding Place in Storms

Some people say life is a fight for survival. Ernest Hemingway struggled with depression but lost the fight. His grandfather also lost that battle. Without hope, the future looks dark, but Lamentations 3:24 offers encouragement. "The Lord is all I have so I will put my hope in him. He is good to those who trust him."

Hope nourishes the soul as food energizes and strengthens the body. When God is your source for hope, it is important to wait for him because he always arrives on time and is never late. When hope is your hiding place, the troubles of life cannot defeat you.


When I was a child, my parents would bundle us up and run for the storm cellar when the weather became dangerous. We were hiding from the storm, but that cellar gave hope for protection and safety as the storm raged outside. Hope in Christ Jesus is a secure hiding place from which nothing can separate us. Praise God for that blessing!

_____________ 

You are my hiding place! You protect me from trouble, and you put songs in my heart because you have saved me.

~Psalm 32:7 Contemporary English Version
_____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment