Friday, February 4, 2022

Finding Comfort in Hope

It would be regrettable for a person to go through life and never experience grief and sadness because that person would never know what it means to be comforted. Jesus acknowledged, "Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted." Isaiah identified Jesus as "a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief."

Jesus experienced great sorrow as he faced what lay in store for him on the cross. Yet it is difficult for us to heal from grief when memories of great loss keep surfacing. Jeremiah endorsed this truth but confirmed that hope and comfort are also available.


Listen to Jeremiah's words. "When I remember my affliction and bitterness my soul is downcast. Yet, then I remember the Lord’s great love and I have hope because I am not crushed. His compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness." When memories of the past renew sorrow and grief in you, quickly recall the compassion God extends to you through Christ Jesus and rejoice.  

_____________ 

Remember your promise to me, your servant; it has given me hope. Even in my suffering I was comforted, [Lord], because your promise gave me life.

~Psalm 119:49-50 Good News Bible

_____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment