Monday, June 13, 2022

Claim the Name

 When I was growing up in North Texas, I was surprised by the number of people who knew my father. When he passed away at 82, the church was filled with family, friends, and acquaintances. William Robert was his name, but everyone called him Bill. His children called him Pap, and to his grandchildren he was Pap Paw.

Speaking the name of God can create an array of emotions, from fear and guilt to love and adoration. Loving God with all of your heart, soul, strength, and mind builds a bridge to everlasting reconciliation and friendship with him. When you call upon God, what name do you prefer?


The church I attended as a youth loved to sing this recognizable hymn: “There is a name I love to hear; I love to sing its worth. It sounds like music to my ear, the sweetest name on earth. O, how I love Jesus because he first loved me.”  As we claim that name, it has the power to change our character and our destiny.                         

___________                   

…God raised [Christ] up to the heights of heaven and gave him a name which is above every other name, that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

~Philippians 3:9-11 The Living Bible
___________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment