Friday, June 17, 2022

Our Approachable Most High God

Everything has a name and purpose. Names distinguish people and things. The name Jesus envisions excellence and power. Listen to his words: “I tell you the truth; anyone who has faith in me will do greater things than I do for I’m going to the Father, and whatever you ask in my name, I will do."

Character is indicative of a person’s integrity, honesty, and behavior. God's character is reflected in the name El Elyon, which translates as God Most High. We often fail to remember that God is high and lifted up above every name and object that we value and prize. Yet God Most High is approachable to us.


David reminds us to trust in the unfailing love of the Most High God to prevent being shaken by life’s trials and problems. The Most High God  provides hope as well as security and safety. Trusting in what God will do helps you love him with all of your heart, soul, strength, and mind.  

___________                   

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

~1 John 5:14 New International Version

I call to God, the Most High, to God, who supplies my every need. He will answer from heaven and save me; he will defeat my oppressors. God will show me his constant love and faithfulness.

~Psalm 57:2-3 Good News Bible

___________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment