Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Who Is Number One?

What do you rank as most important in your life?  For some, security fits the number one slot. Family and marriage may come next. Giving God top billing may happen when facing a crisis. David in Psalm 57 pleads with God to keep him in the shadow of his wings for only there could he be safe.

David perceived God as Most High God and addressed him by that name. “I cried out to God Most High who fulfills his purpose for me. He sends help from heaven to save me because of his love and faithfulness." The name Most High defined for David God’s tremendous power and provision.


Recounting what God provides prompts you to love him with all your heart, soul, strength, and mind. Listen to David’s gratitude: “Oh God, I offer my thanks and praise to you for delivering me from death and preventing my feet from stumbling so that I always walk in the light of life.” Could this be your testimony?                             

____________                 

I will praise you, Lord! You always do right. I will sing about you, the Lord Most High.

~Psalm 7:17 Contemporary English Version
____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment