Friday, June 10, 2022

What's in a Name?

How important is a name? Names identify everything that exists, including you as a person. One of Adam’s first jobs was to name each animal, which was an impressive undertaking. Today each part and function of the human anatomy has a name. Names contribute to our security and well-being by providing identity and purpose.


When Moses encountered God at the burning bush in the desert of Median, God identified himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Still Moses wanted to know his name. God replied, "I am who I am." God’s name, I AM, gave Moses confidence, purpose, and direction for his life.

Most Christians know God as their Heavenly Father, and we are commanded to love the Lord God with all our heart, soul, strength, and mind. By what name do you identify God and his character? What helps you love him more completely? As you love him with your whole being, you will have a more fulfilling life.           

_____________                   

God said, “I  am who I am. You must tell them: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

~Exodus 3:14 Good News Bible

 

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

~Psalm 46:1 New International Version 
_____________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment