Friday, August 3, 2018

Hope for Undeserving People

Explaining why God promises new beginnings to undeserving people is grounded completely in the fact that God loves us, otherwise Jacob would have been unlikely to receive God’s help. Jacob lied, stole, cheated and was totally self-absorbed. Yet God appeared to him in a dream when he was desperate enough to hear a voice other than his own.

Image result for waking from dreams images free

          Listen to what God communicated to Jacob: “I will give you and your descendants the land where you are sleeping. The people of the earth will be blessed through you and your offspring. I’ll be with you and will watch over you wherever you go and will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised,” meaning within Jacob’s lifetime.   

Image result for hope from God images free

          God reminds us, “My thoughts are not your thoughts; my ways are not your ways.” God assures each of us that he can use a person who has wasted their life, and He nevertheless stands ready to give us a new beginning. What matters is what you’re willing to do now. God is ready to help you turn your life around and make a new start that honors Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment